Monday, September 29, 2014

Crochet neck warmer!

The summer is gone, autumn is coming with its beautiful colors, and colder days. So what's more to ask for an inspiration for scarves, neck warmers and beautiful accessories! And the feeling of warm soft yarn under fingers reminds me of warm winter nights by the fireplace, naturally, with yarn and hook in my hands!

Here are some of my newest works inspired by autum!

Crochet neck warmer

crochet neckwarmer

crochet neck warmer

I found this pattern on DROPSdesign, and it is beautiful to work with. I made some minor adjustments. When I was first doing it, I didn't get the right number of chain spaces, because I think there is a little mistake in the pattern. So if You will be doing it, make sure to make 114 foundation chains, and then make a dc in the 4th chain from the hook. So you will have 112dc in the first row. And then in the second row, if You follow the pattern and make 4dc on each side, and one sc in each 3rd dc, You'll have 35chain spaces and then you'll have no problem doing it!

I really like this neck warmer, already worn it and it is nice, soft and warm! So I made another one, for this beautifull little girl!

girl crochet neck warmer

girl crochet neck warmer

neck warmer crochet rose

girl crochet neck warmer
This pattern is also from DROPS design, it is ok, I did the number of foundation chains like in the pattern, and works wonderful!

And the link for the deco rose, it's from Wind Rose Fiber Studio, and you can also find it on YouTube, just type 'deco rose crochet'.

Hope You like it and absolutely recommend You try it!

2 comments:

  1. HI there,
    I love your blog. I've just made a neck warmer similar to yours following the same DROPS design pattern. I would like to post it in my blog and I would also like to mention your blog and put a link to this post since you give some valuable advice on the initial chain count and so on. Is it ok if I put a link to your blog in mine?
    Please feel free to check what I do at www.bubanana.wordpress.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bubanana. I'm so sorry for answering this late, my apologies. I would be happy if you post this to your blog, you can put the link and mention me. I will definitely check out your work! And I am so happy you like my work!
    Thank you and once again, sorry for the late answer!

    ReplyDelete